A proper diet is not just about eating food and drinking water. No, there is more to it. A lot more is required if you have to maximize the number of nutrients derived from a diet. In lieu of this, there are certain things you do that promote your health or the overall effectiveness of your diet, and there are also things that inhibit maximum derivation of nutrients from whatever food you eat or meal you consume. In this text, we will be talking about some of the best and worst diet practices you need to know of. Ride along!
The rule is for you to speak with a dietician or a nutritionist for proper counsel on how to go about your diet program. Whether it is a weight loss program or you are just trying to keep in shape, there are many professional companies that are ready to support you with drugs and products that will help your course.
Best diet practices
Here is a lowdown on some of the things that can help your diet program
- Drink water before meals: Water is not just a universal solvent; it is a medicine and a deliverer. We all know what dehydration can cause. Therefore, it is important to take heed. Medical experts usually advise that you drink a glass of clean water 30 minutes to 1 hour before a meal. Doing this makes it easier for the food to digest. This is also a weight loss technique. Research has shown that by drinking a glass of water before a meal, you are likely going to consume fewer calories which will help keep your health in shape.
- Add less refined carbs to diet: Refined carbohydrates are poor in nutritional value. It is better to consume foods that are high in fiber content. A refined carb is a food item that contains carbohydrate that has been processed to the point where it doesn’t have much nutritional value, and it is not capable of doing much good to the body.
- Eat a regular meal, don’t eat after dinner: It is unhealthy to consume too much junk. To maintain a healthy living, cook good food and eat a regular meal. Also, ensure you eat early and on time. In fact, try as hard as you can to avoid eating late in the night. It adds to body fat, and the food will not digest properly. To maintain a normal weight, do not eat after dinner.
- Join weight loss program: The importance of losing weight and burning fat cannot be overemphasized. It makes you stay healthy and in good shape. You also feel good about yourself. You can register in the gym or have a personal coach to put you through your paces. All in all, the goal is for your BMI to remain reasonable and less than 30.
- Get enough sleep following weight loss diet: Without good sleep, the whole process is a waste. Therefore, make sure you sleep for long hours to keep the body refreshed and revitalized.
Worst diet practices
These are things that make it more difficult to get results from a dietary program.
- Expecting too much in a matter of time: Some people expect too much from the whole process within a short time and are consequently left disappointed. You don’t need to force things; the result will come at the right time. Don’t do too much or overwork yourself. If you are sure of yourself and your program, give it time. The whole essence will soon be revealed.
- Emotional eating: Food is made for satisfying physical hunger and to make up for nutritional deficiencies. Sadly, some people eat to satisfy emotional needs. Another name for emotional eating is stress eating, and it is responsible for the failure of many diets.
- Using diet food for weight loss: There are lots of food items that can help you shed weight and most of them are readily available and easy to get. You can always alter your diet to lose weight. Leafy greens, vegetables, eggs, beans and legumes, potatoes, etc. are some of the food items that fall under this category.
- Eating only once in a day: This is not only bad, it is also injurious. By eating once a day, you run the risk of developing an ulcer. Also, you will be malnourished as it is practically impossible to obtain every nutrient your body needs from just one meal.
- Skipping meals: Some people say they don’t eat because there is no time to eat. Skipping meals is bad. In fact, you can’t perform at your best if you don’t eat. Whether you are at the office or in the workshop, make out time to eat your food to keep the body nourished and refreshed.
Alex writes for PhenterPro, a site that showcases weight loss clinics, a directory of diet doctors that are helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.